Welcome to ICAR - MGIFRI
Journey so far
- The institute was sanctioned in August 2015 [vide letter No. 1(1)/2015-PI&M, dated 03/08/2015].
- The Foundation stone laying ceremony was held at Piprakothi, Motihari on 21 August 2015.
- Stakeholders meeting of NRC on Integrated Farming held at Patna on 17 September 2015.
- of Bihar transferred 25 acres of land to establish the institute in the month of March 2017.
- Office-cum-lab building was initiated in June 2017 with the financial involvement of Rs. 647.44 lakhs.
- Boundary Wall initiated with the financial involvement of Rs. 108.90 lakhs and farm area development with Rs. 37.51 lakhs, respectively.
- Six scientists joined the institute in May 2017 and the camp office of the institute was set up at KVK, Piprakothi, Motihari w.e.f. 01/07/2017.
- The unveiling of the Mahatma Gandhi Statue on his 150th Jayanti at Motihari on 02/10/2018.
- Foundation stone of Farmers Hostel & Training Hall at Pipra Kothi, Motihari on 02/10/2018 with the financial involvement of Rs. 1180.78 lakhs.
- To develop and demonstrate location-specific and farmer-centric integrated farming wherein fishery will be given due importance.
- To act as a repository of information and its dissemination on all aspects of integrated farming.
- To facilitate and promote coordination and dissemination of the technology for integrated farming through network/consortia approach involving ICAR institutes, state agricultural universities, and other agencies.
- Promote network and consortia research in the field of integrated farming.
- To provide scientific leadership and act as a center for vocational as well as advanced training to promote the technologies related to integrated farming.
- To collaborate with relevant national and international agencies in liaison with state and central government departments for technology dissemination.
- To provide need-based consultancy and advisory support in promoting integrated farming.