- Productive use of unutilized/underutilized wetlands through integrated farming so as to achieve food, nutritional, and livelihood security.
- To develop and demonstrate location-specific and farmer-centric integrated farming wherein fishery will be given due importance.
- To act as repository of information and its dissemination on all aspects of integrated farming.
- To facilitate and promote coordination and dissemination of the technology for integrated farming through network/consortia approach involving ICAR institutes, state agricultural universities, and other agencies.
- Promote network and consortia research in the field of integrated farming.
- To provide scientific leadership and act as a centre for vocational as well as advanced training to promote the technologies related to integrated farming.
- To collaborate with relevant national and international agencies in liaison with state and central government departments for technology dissemination.
- To provide need-based consultancy and advisory support in promoting integrated farming.